Who Are My ADHD Clients

Those of us with ADHD, our “invisible tribe,” make up about 8-10% of the population. And that “tribe” exists across all demographics in our society. As such, my clients are a diverse group of people and families. ADHD is fundamentally a part of who we are. It cannot be disentangled from whatever else we are. So, as an ADHD coach I pride myself on being knowledgeable about and sensitive to how diverse demographics affect our ADHD and the work that we do in our coaching.

My practice is about 70% adults (post college.) My oldest client was in her late sixties. It is never too late to live your ideal life. The remaining 30% of my clients are made up of mostly college-aged young adults. Some are in college, and some are working with me in the hopes of getting their lives together enough to go back to school after a rough initial experience. And at any one time I am generally working with two to three high school kids who are mature enough to take working with me seriously. I also coach parents of younger children.

I know how important it is to understand the different ways in which ADHD affects girls and women. My practice is made up of about 65% women and girls. The In Place is definitely a LGBTQ+ safe space. I have had many LGBTQ+ clients and families over the years, including several transgendered and non-binary clients. (I also have a close family member who is transgendered.)

I also pride myself on understanding the ways that cultural differences can impact diagnosis, treatment, and acceptance of mental and behavioral health issues, including ADHD. Having worked across the religious, ethnic, and cultural spectrum, I am comfortable working with anyone and I understand how important it is to coach the whole person, not just the ADHD.

I also understand complicated ADHD/non-ADHD family dynamics. Whether everyone in your family is ADHD or some members of your family are ADHD and some members are neurotypical, it is tremendously important to understand how the ADHD affects the individual and the family system. I can help your family understand the ADHD and work to manage it. I’ve worked with entire families, siblings, mother/daughter, and couples, separately and together.

Being part of our “invisible tribe” can be lonely and isolating. It can make us feel like we’re crazy. It can be hard to know where to turn for help? Is ADHD Coaching with me right for you? Read more below about what I do. Or click these links to read more about ADHD coaching and Executive Function Coaching in general.