Hey y’all. I’m a bit late for my Friday post. (Though I’m going to cheat and post date this.) Actually, going forward, I think I”m going to shoot for posting more often but with considered brevity.
So, I’m not a big fan of screen time for my kids. But, we have to do some more than usual. I’m trying to limit it during the day but we pretty much do movie night every night. Bear in mind that I have a just turned 11-year-old boy and an about to turn 6-year-old girl.
So far they’ve loved:
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey
- Major Payne (Big hit with my son.)
- Back to the future
The neverending story… was a major bummer. Watching the first 20 minutes of it nearly ruined my childhood.
Things we’ve done in the past that have worked… because I’m a nerd and am raising mini-nerds:
- Any modern Star Trek series, except DS9. God that show sucked.
- Once upon a time. Very cute. Great for the whole family through about season 4… I think
- The Marvel Movies. Even if you’ve seen them before. Go back and watch them chronologically. Either in order of release or in order of when they occured.
- X-men movie. Patrick Stewart; James McAvoy & Ian McKellen; Michael Fassbender? Need I say more?
We are also diggin on cooking shows. I’m enjoying Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute meals and 5 ingredients with my daughter. Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Good Eats, and old school America’s test kitchen/ Cooks Country are always favorites.