People often ask me how I know my medication is working and how I know I will need it forever. They are especially interested because I haven’t taken a medication “holiday” since the summer after my sophomore year in high school. The answer is simple. Every once in a while, a pill gets stuck in the pill container or I get distracted and don’t take a dose when I mean to. The latter happened today.
- Generally lethargic, bored, and tired.
- I was totally unmotivated to work out (even though it was on my calendar.)
- I had also struggled to stay focused during a consultation at 11:30 and to use my working memory to schedule a session for next month.
- Today was the day that I planned to file my “To File” stack. I got through my personal stack with great difficulty and quit before I got to the work stack. And, I avoided making any new folders that needed to be made because It seemed like “a lot of effort.”
- I ate lunch 3 times, because my brain was seeking stimulation in the form of salty yummy cheesy goodness.
- I ultimately settled on watching The Following on the DVR, but even that wasn’t stimulating enough so I was playing Angry Birds Star Wars II while watching.